|Remington Model 11-87|
|Place of origin||United States|
|Used by||See Users|
|Designer||Wayne Leek (Model 1100)|
|Mass||8.25 lb (3.7 kg) with 28 in (710 mm) barrel|
|Length||34 to 50 in (860 to 1,270 mm)|
|Barrel length||14 to 30 in (360 to 760 mm)|
|Cartridge||12 or 20 gauge|
|Feed system||Tube magazine 4+1 rounds; 7+1 rounds with magazine extension|
- 11 87 Super Magnum Barrel Seal Activator Remington 11 87
- 11 87 Super Magnum Barrel Seal Activator Reviews
- 11 87 Super Magnum Barrel Seal Activator Kit
- 11 87 Super Magnum Barrel Seal Activator Tool
- Remington 870 Express Super Magnum
- Gauge markingprimerhead model 11-87™ super magnum™ owners please note:a barrel seal activator is used on the model 11-87 super magnum for 23⁄4 loads. Make sure the barrel seal activator is in the correct position (see picture 31, p.17) for use with 23⁄4 loads.
- Model 11-87 12ga 3 ½’ Mag Remington Shotgun Barrels Model 11-87 20ga 23/4” or 3”mag Remington Shotgun Barrels Model 11-87 12ga 2 ¾” or 3” mag LEFT HANDED.
- Remington Piston and Piston Seal Assembly 1100, 11-87 12 Gauge New Style (Post 1986) Product Family #:. Barrel Seal (113820) sold separately.
Remington BARREL SEAL ACTIVATOR SUPERMAG REMINGTON 11-87 Misc Gun Parts. Shotgun Barrels; You last purchased this product on. Remington Barrel Seal Activator Remington 11-87 12 Gauge Super Magnum Product Family #. Remington 11-87.
The Remington Model 11-87 is a semi-automatic shotgun manufactured by Remington Arms and based on the earlier Model 1100. The Model 11-87 remains in contemporary production, 33 years after being introduced in 1987.
The Model 11-87 is a gas-operatedsemi-automatic shotgun. Upon firing a shell, some of the high-pressure gases from the burning gunpowder are diverted through two small holes in the underside of the barrel, forcing a piston and the bolt toward the buttstock, which in turn ejects the spent shell. A spring then forces the bolt forward, sending a new shell from the magazine into the chamber. This gas operation has the effect of reducing the recoil felt by the shooter, since the total recoil energy is spread out over a longer period of time than would be the case with fixed-breech shotguns.
The Model 11-87 incorporates a self-compensating gas system design, which allows the gun to operate with a range of loads, from light 23⁄4-inch (7.0 cm) shells to 3-inch (7.6 cm) Magnum shells, without any adjustment by the operator. It is manufactured in 12 gauge and 20 gauge; both will cycle 23⁄4-inch and 3-inch shells.
A lightened version of the Model 11-87, the Model 11-96, was offered in the late 1990s in 12 gauge only.
11 87 Super Magnum Barrel Seal Activator Remington 11 87
Some Model 11-87 shotguns, especially those with barrels shorter than 26 inches (66 cm), or Magnum models, may have issues cycling light target and birdshot loads consistently.
A 12 gauge model that accepts 31⁄2-inch (8.9 cm) shells is marketed as the Super Magnum. This model comes with an extra component on the magazine tube called a 'barrel seal activator' that helps cycle lighter loads. The barrel seal activator is meant to be removed when using 31⁄2-inch or 3-inch shells, and installed when using shorter shells.
Some Model 11-87s have interchangeable screw-in chokes; other barrels are available with fixed chokes. Barrels are not interchangeable between the Model 1100 and Model 11-87. Barrel lengths range from 14 inches (36 cm) (for use by law enforcement) to 30 inches (76 cm).
In popular culture
The weapon found widespread notoriety when a sound-suppressed version of it was used by the main antagonist in the Coen brothers' film No Country for Old Men, based on the Cormac McCarthy novel.
- United States: Used by numerous law enforcement agencies.
- ^ abcde'Instruction Book for: Models 1100, 11-87 & 11-87 Super Magnum Autoloading Shotguns'(PDF). Remington Arms. Retrieved June 5, 2020 – via remington.com.Cite magazine requires
- ^ abRemington 11-87 Semi-Automatic Shotgun Review | LearnAboutGuns.com
- ^'Model 11-96'. remington.com. Retrieved June 7, 2020.
- ^Remington Law Enforcement page
- ^http://www.nramuseum.org/the-museum/the-galleries/william-b-ruger-special-exhibits/hollywood-guns-4/no-country-for-old-men-(2007).aspx Accessed on June 27, 2014
- ^McManners, Hugh (2003). Ultimate Special Forces. DK Publishing, Inc. ISBN0-7894-9973-8.
11 87 Super Magnum Barrel Seal Activator Reviews
- Johnson, M. D. (July 20, 2010). 'Gun Review: Model 11-87 Sportsman Field'. Gun Digest. Retrieved June 5, 2020.
- 'Remington Timeline: 1987 - Remington Model 11-87 Autoloading Shotguns'. shootingtimes.com. August 31, 2016. Retrieved June 5, 2020.
11 87 Super Magnum Barrel Seal Activator Kit
11 87 Super Magnum Barrel Seal Activator Tool
- Remington 11-87 via YouTube