File size: 1.1 GB
Introducing Aquarium 4K: The most innovative and insanely beautiful Wallpaper application ever conceived.
VirtualBox is a family of powerful x86 virtualization products for enterprise as well as home use. Not only is VirtualBox an extremely feature rich, high performance product for enterprise customers, it is also the only professional solution that is freely available as Open Source Software under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL).
- Aquarium 4K features over 20+ stunning themes, with each theme featuring breathtaking 4K Video and the most cutting-edge and beautiful Widgets ever to grace a Desktop! 4K Videos include a huge variety of exotic fish; including: Sting Rays, Jelly Fish, Cat Fish, Clown Fish, Lion Fish, Sea Horses, Alligators, and much more!
- The Aquarium Sim app is a virtual aquarium that exactly repeats the real one. This is where you can practice keeping and raising domestic fish. At the very beginning of the game, you are given a small amount of money and an aquarium with a couple of fish. First, you need to clean the aquarium and feed your new pets.
- Aquarimate is a powerful app perfect for managing both saltwater and freshwater aquariums.
- The common filename for the application's installer is MarineAquarium3.dmg. The bundle identifier for Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac is com.Prolific.SereneScreen.MarineAquarium3. The current installer available for download occupies 11.3 MB on disk. The program is categorized as Theming Tools.
Aquarium 4K features over 20+ stunning themes, with each theme featuring breathtaking 4K Video and the most cutting-edge and beautiful Widgets ever to grace a Desktop! 4K Videos include a huge variety of exotic fish; including: Sting Rays, Jelly Fish, Cat Fish, Clown Fish, Lion Fish, Sea Horses, Alligators, and much more! Also visit a variety of locations around the world the Great Barrier Reef, the Bahamas Barrier Reef, Thailand, and more.
Other features include Unlimited Display support, with each Display being independently customizable; 30+ Widgets to live on your Desktop with each Widget supporting customizable position, size, font, foreground color, and background color, and you can even load your own Quick videos. Built on tested and proven technology, Aquarium 4K is the most beautiful application to ever live on your Desktop. Aquarium 4K works great on 3K and 5K displays as well!
Super Cool Features!
Mac Widgets Enable
- 20+ 4K Ultra HD Themes as Video Wallpaper or can be put in Screen Saver mode
- All included Quick videos are full 4K Ultra HD Quality
- Fish include: Sting Rays, Jelly Fish, Cat Fish, Clown Fish, Lion Fish, Elephant-Nosed Fish, Sea Horses, Alligators, Sea Anemones, Blue Tang Fish, and much more
- Visit various locations around the world including: The Great Barrier Reef, the Bahamas Barrier Reef, Thailand, and more
- Unlimited Display support, with each display being independently customizable
- Super efficient Video Player foundation can play full 4K videos while consuming on average 5% CPU per display
Aquarium App For Macbook
- Load your own Quick videos
Screen Saver Mode can optionally be Enabled from the Menu Bar
- Choose Themes graphically with a single click
- Add over 30 different Widgets with a single click; with each Widget supporting customized position, size, font, foreground color, and background color
- Forecast Widgets show Temperature, Conditions, Wind speed, Humidity, and Pressure for the next 12 hours
Works great with 3K, 4K, and 5K displays
Incredibly advanced, yet super easy to use
macOS 10.9 or later 64-bit
This story appears in the March 2007 issue of Entrepreneur. Subscribe »
A widget might be used to monitor an eBay auction, a stock ticker or a videocam; it might update the content of your favorite blogs automatically. A widget could be a digital clock, calendar, company wiki, game or virtual aquarium for your virtual fish.
It's unclear whether or former Mac developer Konfabulator invented widgets. But, like so many PC innovations before them, they incubated in Cupertino's creative ooze and were ushered into widespread use by Mac OS X. Thousands are available for download as freeware or shareware from Apple's website to monitor, measure or count everything from disk space to days left 'til The Simpsons movie.
Widgets have also been creeping onto Windows PCs and handhelds in recent months--primarily through web portals like and Yahoo! (which acquired Konfabulator) and browsers like Opera and Firefox. Whether called gadgets, kapsules, desklets or widsets, they're a quick way to add content to a Google or Yahoo! home page, domain, blog or MySpace page.
Swapping widgets can help direct traffic among partner sites and complement your other marketing efforts. For example, Janine Popick, CEO of direct marketer VerticalResponse Inc., gives away a simple sign-up widget that helps websites collect subscription information from visitors. In its first week on the web, a quarter of those notified of the widget downloaded it--a far better conversion rate than the 1 percent to 3 percent most mass mailings generate, she notes. The VerticalResponse widget helps drive traffic to Popick's blog and build readership for her newsletter promoting her services. Popick, 39, built a 35-person company with annual sales north of $7 million using complementary marketing methods like these.
Many other widgets are simply diversions--some appeal primarily to aficionados. But in this era of consumer-driven interactivity and buzz marketing, even a fizz experiment (see www.eepybird.com) can help circumscribe communities of like-minded customers.
Vista will be another major boost for widgets--or gadgets, as calls them. More than 500 ga-widgets are available on Microsoft's site, covering pretty much the same ground as Mac widgets. They get housed in Sidebar, an Apple Dashboard-like windowpane on the Vista desktop.
Windows XP doesn't have Sidebar or Microsoft-blessed gadgets. But the above-mentioned third parties will make sure XP users don't go wanting. Widgets are easily ported among platforms--by their publishers, if not by users. And they won't be confined to desktops.
You know that little LCD on your cell phone's lid that updates things like time, date and battery life? Imagine a slightly larger one with navigation keys on your 's lid. Vista supports another new hardware/ feature called SideShow that lets you cycle through Sidebar gadgets without fully powering up your notebook.
Because SideShow needs extra hardware like a secondary display and co-processor, these laptops will roll out gradually, vendor by vendor. ASUSTeK Computer and LG Electronics are getting a jump on the competition by using Preface, a turnkey SideShow subsystem from PortalPlayer. PortalPlayer has a relationship with NVIDIA, whose graphics co-processors enable many laptops to stream music, video and other really rich media.
The Small Time
It's an interesting contrast to the five years, thousands of employees and gazillion dollars Microsoft needed to revamp its ginormous operating system and mega-Office Suite. One company owning 80 percent of the software market--that's so 20th century.
Weather Channel Widget For Mac
Widgets are entrepreneurial: In a few hours, one person codes something you never even dreamed of wanting because it would be too granular for mass market software. Widgets aim even more narrowly than most web-based services.
They're tiny blows against the monopoly and more evidence of the internet's ascendancy.
Where to find widgets, widsets and gadgets:
- Gatesian Gadgets: Download headlines; Twitter your friends; take a poll.
- Google Gadgets: Track travel rewards; catch a bee; meter your mood.
- MacWidgets: Search TV listings; grow virtual herbs on your virtual Chia Pet.
- Nokia WidSets: Play phone games; swap Flickr pix; check the weather in Macedonia.
- Opera Widgets: Widgetize! your own ideas for desktop or cell phone.
- SpringWidgets: Harvest widgets from other platforms.
- Widgetbox: Where's that widget hiding?
- Yahoo! Widgets: Control your iPod; watch Old Faithful blow its top.
Mike Hogan is Entrepreneur's editor.