- If Avast won’t start, try to clean install of Avast 1. Download Avast Uninstall Utility click here: https://windows10freeapps.com/fix-avast-wont-open-windows.
- Not open for further replies. Which great I have used it for years. Or buy the premier version from Avast. Wont launch at startup. 'The application was.
It is not unusual for the tray icon of Avast antivirus to disappear, even if you had selected the “always show” option in Windows taskbar properties. This can happen after you install and uninstall several programs.
The best way to restore the tray icon of Avast at its normal position in the system tray, is to open the Add/Remove applet of the Windows control panel, or otherwise start the uninstall dialogue of Avast, and select the Repair option. Fixing the issue of Avast premier won’t open can easily be done with a few resolutions you must take. Try repairing the Avast from the system’s Control Panel and performing the clean installation of the program are the techniques you must follow. To save your time, you can get in touch with our tech professional for better outcomes in an.
The absence of the Avast tray icon doesn’t mean that the antivirus has stopped working or that it works with problems – it means only that you don’t see the icon, therefore, that you don’t see when Avast is working, checking some files for viruses.
The best way to restore the tray icon of Avast at its normal position in the system tray, is to open the Add/Remove applet of the Windows control panel, or otherwise start the uninstall dialogue of Avast, and select the Repair option.
This will fix any other problems Avast may face, and it will also reactivate the tray icon, next time you start Windows. You may like also to check this post on how to reactivate Windows Defender after you uninstall Avast.
Get The Power & Follow!don't miss : : SleeperFavorite LauncherSavyGadgetarian
FlingPower CopyWindows RuleSearchALL GadgetAmazon Gadget
Avast is the big name in terms of computer security. One of the most popular security software from the Avast is its antivirus. You can get the Avast antivirus software both as a free and paid version. Due to the availability of immense features both the versions of this application has gained popularity.
Although there are plenty of features with the Avast antivirus, even then you might encounter some problems with it. One of the problems about which there will be a discussion here is the Avast won’t open.
Reasons for the ‘Avast will not Open’ Problem
Here, you will get the causes of why this error occurs after all.
- If the installation of the Avast security gets corrupted somehow, then you can get this issue.
- When the Avast antivirus service does not run properly, next, there is a possibility for you to encounter this problem.
Solutions to Rectify Avast won’t Open Windows 10 Issue
There will various methods here that will help you to fix the Avast not working windows 10 issue.
1: Start the Avast Antivirus Service Once Again
If the service of the Avast Antivirus does not start or operate properly, then because of that reason you might get this problem. The best answer to resolve this problem is to restart the Avast Antivirus service. In order to do that follow the steps below.
- First, tap on the combination of ‘Windows + R’ keys at the same time to open the ‘Run’ dialog box.
- In the ‘Run’ dialog box, type the following text “services.msc” beside the ‘Open’ label and tap on the ‘OK’ button. As soon as you click on that button, then a ‘Services’ window will appear.
- In this window, you will get all the services of every application installed within the computer, including the Windows ones on a list.
- Next, from the list locate the Avast Antivirus service and right-click on the same. After that, from the popup menu that appears tap on the ‘Properties’ option. This action will open a new dialog box with a heading ‘Avast Antivirus Properties (Local Computer)’.
- Inside that dialog box, go to the ‘Startup type:’ field and then from the drop-down menu choose the ‘Automatic’ option.
- Next, check the value of the ‘Service status’. If the value is ‘Started’, then tap the Stop button.
- Now, after a minute press the Start button to enable this service and click on the ‘Apply and ‘OK’ buttons respectively.
- At last, reboot the computer and see if you can launch the Avast Antivirus application or not.
2: Repair Avast Antivirus Software
Whenever there is an issue with the installation files of the Avast Antivirus application, then avast won’t open problem may appear. To effectively remove the Avast not loading issue what you can do is repair the installation files of the antivirus application. For this to happen, follow the steps presented below.
My Avast Won't Open
- First, press on both the keys ‘Windows + S’ simultaneously. This will open the default search section of Windows.
- Inside that section, input the text “control panel”. After that, from the results area locate the ‘Control Panel’ option and click on it.
- As you click on that option, then a new window with the title ‘Control Panel’ will come up. Inside that window, find and tap on the ‘Programs’ category.
- This action will open a new page, where click on the ‘Programs and Features’ option from the list. Now, yet another new page will appear with a list full of all the applications installed within the computer.
- Now, from that list find and highlight the ‘Avast Antivirus’ software. Next, right-click on the chosen application to reveal a popup menu.
- From the menu that comes up, tap on the ‘Uninstall/Repair’ option. As soon as you click on that option, then an uninstaller window will appear.
- On the uninstaller window, you will get four options. Out of the four options, click on the ‘Repair’ one.
- Once you tap on the ‘Repair’ option, next, click the ‘Next’ button to initiate the repair process.
- If you get a confirmation message box, then choose the ‘OK’ button. At this time the repair process will begin, so wait for it to complete.
- When the repair procedure of the Avast Antivirus is over, next, tap on the ‘Finish’ button.
- Finally, restart the computer and check to see if the Avast Antivirus application opens up normally or not.
Avast Premier Wont Opening
3: Remove the Avast Antivirus Program
If Avast not working after Windows 10 update, then the easiest solution is to remove the software from the computer. Here you will get steps on how to do it.
- First, start the computer in Administrator mode.
- Now, go to the ‘Windows’ logo and tap on the same. This will open the ‘Start’ menu.
- From that menu, navigate to the left pane and click on the ‘Gear’ icon. This action will launch the new ‘Settings’ window.
- Once you are in that window, next, from the various settings categories click the one that says ‘Apps’.
- As soon as you tap on that category, then a new page will come up with the heading ‘Apps & features’. From that page, go to the subheading having the title ‘Apps & features’, where you will a list of all the applications installed within the computer.
- Out of that list, locate the ‘Avast Antivirus’ application and tap on the same. Next, once the chosen application expands, next, tap on the ‘Uninstall’ button.
- Now, if you see a ‘User Account Control’ dialog box, then tap on the ‘Yes’ button. When the uninstaller wizard appears, next, go to the bottom and click on the ‘Uninstall’ button.
- Wait for the uninstaller to complete the removal process, once it is over, next reboot the machine.
4: Install the Avast Antivirus Once Again
If the repair process of the Avast Antivirus software did not help to resolve the Avast blocking internet Windows 10 error, then as a last resort install this application. To do it, follow the steps below.
Avast Premier Won't Open Safe Mode
- First, launch the web browser that you prefer and then visit the official website of Avast.
- Inside that website find a button ‘Free Download For PC’ button and click on the same. This action will start the download process of the setup file.
- Now, wait for the download process of Avast Antivirus setup file to complete. Once it is over, next, navigate to the location of the setup file and double-click on the same.
- When the installer wizard of this application comes up, next, follow the on-screen instructions and install the Avast Antivirus software.
- When the installation process of this application is complete, next, restart the computer.
- Lastly, as the computer boots up, then try to launch the Avast Antivirus application and see if it opens up or not.