A great thing about BareTail is the fact that it enables you to have several files opened and under scrutiny at the same time thanks to its support for multiple tabs.
- Popular open source Alternatives to BareTail for Windows, Linux, Mac, Self-Hosted, Software as a Service (SaaS) and more. Explore 16 apps like BareTail, all suggested and ranked by the AlternativeTo user community.
- There are many alternatives to BareTail for Windows and since it's discontinued a lot of people are looking for a replacement. The most popular Windows alternative is SPHW - LogViewer, which is free.
- Sometimes our generic search options give you way too much information. Use the following options to customize the search to your specific needs.
- baretail download
- baretail windows
- nu vot
- baretail download windows xp
- c397sd driver free download
- baretail download windows
- baretail license
- baretail windows 7
- baretail for windows 7
- Operating system Windows XP 32-bit / Vista 32-bit / NT 4.0 / 9x / 2003 32-bit / 2000
- License: Shareware (paid)
- Developer: Bare Metal Software Pty Ltd
BareTail is a free application that is the Windows equivalent of the Unix 'tail' utility.
Here are some key features of 'BareTail':
Real-time file viewing
· Optimised real-time viewing engine
· View files of any size (> 2GB)
· Scroll to any point in the whole file instantly
· View files over a network
· Configurable line wrapping
· Configurable TAB expansion
· Configurable font, include spacing and offset to maximise use of screen space
Follow tail mode
· View the end of a growing file in real time, no matter how fast the file grows
Like 'tail -f' on Unix systems, but with many more features
· Lines containing particular strings can be highlighted to help you notice important text
International character sets
Many file formats
· Windows / DOS text files (lines end in CR/LF pairs)
· Unix text files (lines end in LF)
· Microsoft IIS logfiles (and other files terminated with a string of nulls)
Flexible configuration options and storage
· Many configurable user preferences
· Preferences can be saved to a file, the registry or not at all on exit
· Preferences are be loaded from a file in the local directory, a file in the application directory or the registry (in that order)
· Preferences can be loaded and saved at any time by the user, and shared with other users
Single small executable, no installer
· No installation needed, start using the tool immediately
· Small executable can be run from the network
· Easy to temporarily install and then completely remove
- There have been no reviews added as of yet. Be the first one to review.