A Loose End
|Given By||Lancer-Captain Kells|
|Reward||Visionary's T-60c helm|
Duty or Dishonor
Fallout 4 Virgil Hostile
A Loose End is a quest that can be obtained within the Commonwealth, in Fallout 4..
Fallout 4 Virgil Hostile Mobs
It is expressed that the Brotherhood of Steel considers Virgil to be a threat, even after his help in infiltrating the Institute. Eliminate him, and prove the Sole Survivor's loyalty to the war effort.
- Fallout 4 offers four key factions that can be joined, each with their own quests, items, story, characters, and experiences. The question that every player will find themselves asking is 'Which faction is the best?' While this is very much subjective and varies from player to player, here is a comprehensive list of the pros and cons of each.
- Virgil will immediately turn hostile upon one's return in this case. Because of the radiation level, using furniture to wait in the crater area is not possible. Mother Isolde is not marked as essential, so if she dies, the quest marker will be stuck on her for the remainder of the quest.
And now Virgil goes hostile when want to give him his serum (he's green, he begins his sentence, then he turns red alongside the entire cave). With Bobbi I tried removing my target hud, and removing Heather Casdin's targeting hud, to no avail. Dismissing Heather Casdin did work with Kellog, who was also being aggroed before I could talk to him.
- Lancer-Captain Kells will reveal that Virgil is considered a priority target for assassination, even after his help towards the BoS cause, and his death is a priority mission now for the Sole Survivor.
- Upon reaching the rocky cave, the Sole Survivor may choose from a myriad of options in how they want to deal with Virgil:
- Should Virgil already be dead, this quest can be immediately completed by informing Kells.
- The Sole Survivor may simply kill Virgil, which can be made relatively easier by curing him with the experimental serum. His turrets and protectron guardians must also be dealt with.
- Should the Sole Survivor lie to Virgil and tell him that the serum was destroyed, he can be convinced to go down without a fight, which also includes his guardians.
- The Sole Survivor may choose to lie for Virgil, in which he will remain in the rocky case.
- After reporting back to Lancer-Captain Kells, the Sole Survivor will be rewarded with a unique t-60c helm.
Fallout 4 quests
|Main quests||Sole Survivor main quests||War Never Changes ·Out of Time ·Jewel of the Commonwealth ·Unlikely Valentine ·Getting a Clue ·Reunions ·Dangerous Minds ·Shattered ·The Glowing Sea ·Hunter/Hunted ·The Molecular Level ·Institutionalized|
|Institute main quests||Institutionalized ·Synth Retention ·The Battle of Bunker Hill ·Mankind - Redefined ·Mass Fusion ·Pinned ·Powering Up ·End of the Line ·Airship Down ·Nuclear Family|
|Brotherhood of Steel main quests||Reveille ·Fire Support ·Call to Arms ·Semper Invicta ·Shadow of Steel ·Tour of Duty ·Show No Mercy ·From Within ·Outside the Wire ·Liberty Reprimed ·Blind Betrayal ·Tactical Thinking ·Spoils of War ·Ad Victoriam ·The Nuclear Option (Brotherhood of Steel) ·A New Dawn|
|The Railroad main quests||Road to Freedom ·Tradecraft ·Underground Undercover ·Operation Ticonderoga ·Precipice of War ·Rockets' Red Glare ·The Nuclear Option (Railroad) ·Burning Cover|
|The Minutemen main quests||When Freedom Calls ·Sanctuary ·The Sight ·Taking Independence ·Old Guns ·Inside Job ·Form Ranks ·Defend the Castle ·The Nuclear Option (Minutemen) ·With Our Powers Combined|
|Side quests||Miscellaneous side quests||Benign Intervention ·The Big Dig ·Confidence Man ·Curtain Call ·The Disappearing Act ·The Gilded Grasshopper ·Here There Be Monsters ·Long Time Coming ·Diamond City Blues ·The Devil's Due ·Emergent Behavior ·Human Error ·Kid in a Fridge ·Last Voyage of the USS Constitution ·Long Road Ahead ·Pull the Plug ·Special Delivery ·Emogene Takes a Lover ·The Secret of Cabot House ·The Silver Shroud ·Vault 81 ·Hole in the Wall ·Here, Kitty Kitty ·Short Stories ·The Marowski Heist|
|Institute side quests||Building a Better Crop ·Plugging a Leak ·A House Divided|
|Brotherhood of Steel side quests||The Lost Patrol ·Duty or Dishonor ·A Loose End ·Getting Technical ·Blood Bank ·Reactor Coolant|
|The Railroad side quests||Boston After Dark ·Memory Interrupted ·Butcher's Bill|
|Minutemen side quests||The First Step ·Raider Troubles ·Abernathy Farm: Retribution|
|Radiant quests||Pest Control: (location) ·Hypothesis ·Appropriation ·Reclamation: (location) ·Political Leanings ·Cleansing the Commonwealth ·Quartermastery ·Leading by Example ·Learning Curve ·Feeding the Troops ·Jackpot: (location) ·Concierge ·Weathervane ·Randolph Safehouse ·Variable Removal: (location) ·To the Mattresses ·Lost Soul: (location) ·A Clean Equation ·High Ground ·Kidnapping at (location) ·(location): Greenskins ·Clearing the Way for (location) ·Taking Point ·Ghoul Problem at (location) ·Rogue Courser at (location) ·Resettle Refugees at (location) ·Defend the artillery at (location) ·Stop the Raiding at (location) ·Kidnapped Trader at (location) ·Suspected Synth at (location) ·Water, Food, or Power|
|Freeform/Unmarked quests||A New You ·Art Appreciation ·Botany Class ·Brother Against Brother ·The Cleaner ·Familiar Faces ·Fly Fishing ·Gun Run ·Hazardous Material ·MacCready for Action ·The Memory Den ·Nuka Cola Needs ·Order Up ·Prep School ·Public Knowledge ·Recruiting Hancock ·Tough Times ·Traffic Jam ·Trouble Brewin' ·Wedding Day|
|Add-on quests||Automatron||A New Threat → Headhunting → Mechanical Menace → Restoring Order → Rogue Robot|
|Far Harbor||Far From Home → Walk in the Park → Where You Belong → Best Left Forgotten → The Way Life Should Be → Cleansing the Land (Reformation) → Close to Home|
Living on the Edge: Blood Tide ·Safe Passage ·Hull Breach ·Rite of Passage ·The Hold Out ·Turn Back the Fog ·The Great HuntWorkshop quests: Condensers Down ·Super Mutants in the Fog ·Trapper Attack ·Deadliest Catch
Acadian Ideals: The Arrival ·Hunting the Hunter ·Data Recovery ·The Price of Memory
What Atom Requires: Visions in the Fog ·The Heretic ·The Trial of Brother Devin ·Witch Hunt ·Ablutions
|Vault-Tec Workshop||Vault-Tec Calling → Better Living Underground → A Model Citizen → Explore Vault 88Power to the People → The Watering Hole → Vision of the Future → Lady Luck|
|Nuka-World||All Aboard → Taken for a Ride → An Ambitious Plan → The Grand Tour (Star Control ·High Noon at the Gulch ·Safari Adventure ·A World of Refreshment ·A Magical Kingdom) → Home Sweet Home (Claiming the Commonwealth) → Power Play (Cleaning House)Open Season|
Cappy in the Haystack ·Precious Medals ·Trip to the StarsA Goods Defense ·A Permanent Solution ·Amoral Combat ·Collaring Outside the Lines ·Taking Out the Trash ·Under the Collar ·Capture Settlement/Clear Out Settlement → Subdue Settlement/Shake Down Settlement
|Cut quests||20 Leagues Under the Sea ·Bullet ·Off the Grid ·Salvage ·That's the Spirit ·The Enemy of My Enemy ·The Replacement|
Having Trouble With Virgil On Glowing Sea - Fallout 4
Retrieved from 'https://fallout-archive.fandom.com/wiki/A_Loose_End?oldid=2071538'