by Christine Smith • 2020-11-20 17:14:41 • Proven solutions
WAV is an audio format which is developed and maintained by the IBM and Microsoft. This file format is also known as Window audio file format. This file format can hold audio and metadata information about the audio files. If you need to find the exact metadata information about the WAV format audio files, then there are many programs available over internet which can help you to add data. The windows built-in player also helps you to add metadata to the WAV files but this is not able to search the metadata automatically from the internet. Here we are going to list some of the best WAV tag editor programs that can help you enter the Meta information automatically.
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate)
Tag music easily using industry-standard formats. MediaMonkey includes an MP3 Tag editor (an ID3 tag editor supporting ID3v1 & ID3v2), AAC tag editor (for M4A/M4P files), an OGG tag editor (for OGG and FLAC files), a WMA tag editor, an APE2 tag editor (for APE files), a RIFF tag editor (for AVI/WAV files), and an MP4 tag editor. That’s all for best music tag editor apps on different platforms. Thus, you can manage tags and edit metadata with your music collection effortlessly. If you have any other good MP3 tag editor, you can share in the comments below.
- Yes, metadata is stored in special chunk. It should be noted, that you will not be able to map ID3 (or other tags) to RIFF-WAV metadata in a standard manner. Some common tag fields have appropriate standard RIFF-WAV fields, for another you should make your private inventions. Also the majority of software does not recognize RIFF.
- Editing the tags enables your Mp3 player to show details such as artist and title, or sort by genre. Stamp mp3 tag editor is designed to be easy and intuitive to use. Just add the files you want to edit to the list, enter the new information, and then click the stamp button.
- Audacity can write WAV files with INFO tags. DBpowerAMP Music Converter can do this too. While Audacity and dbPoweramp 'claim' to write ID3v2 and INFO tags, none of them are recognized by Windows Media Player. I have had the same problem for years and I have tried 100's of tag editors - NONE of them work for WMP recognition.
Your Complete Video Toolbox
How To Edit Wav Metadata
- Fix media metadata, including song title, artist name, album name, album cover image, track number and other information
- Convert video to over 1000 formats, such as MP4, AVI, WMV, MP3, etc.
- Versatile toolbox combines GIF maker, VR converter and screen recorder
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters
- Edit, enhance & personalize your video files
- Burn and customize your video to DVD with free DVD menu templates
- Download or record videos from 10,000+ video sharing sites
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Part 1. Best Wav Tag Editor to Edit Wav Tag Easily
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is very powerful WAV tag editor software which is not only a tag editor but also comes with complete multimedia solution toolkit. The program allows you to edit the audio and video both types of files and update their Meta tags. This is the easiest method to use this software as compared to any other program available over internet. Editing Metadata of multimedia files is just a part of this program because it comes with so many other options as well. Using the software, you can convert, download, transfer, burn videos to DVD and record videos. These all features are available in this single WAV tag editor windows 10 software.
How to Edit Meta Data of Songs Using Wondershare UniConverter?
Step 1 Install the WAV metadata editor Mac program on the Mac or windows computer then run it. Hit Toolbox > Fix Media Metadata thumbnail.
Step 2 A new popup window will open on your system now and then press 3 dots then select audio file from computer and hit Open button.
Step 3 In the attached screenshot you can see there is no information about the song and we will find the needed metadata using WAV metadata editor windows program. So, now click on the purple color Search button.
Step 4 Now you can see the Meta information is added in the Meta options. This is the way about using WAV id3 tag editor program to find the Meta.
Part 2. TagScanner
TagScanner is a editing WAV file properties windows 10 software which is fully compatible with the windows 10 operating system computers. The program is developed to edit the Metadata information of the audio and video both types of files. There is the automated feature available in the software which directly searches Meta information from the online websites and adds it to the multimedia files. Another thing is that it can also add the Metadata just by using the file or folder name.
- Program supports search Meta information online as well.
- You can manually enter the WAV file Meta information using your keyboard.
- It also supports converting the version of tags.
- It supports multiple file tag editing together.
Part 3. Audacity
Audacity is free and open source WAV tag editor Mac software which can be used for commercial or personal purpose without any issue of copyright and limit. The program is cross platform software as well so you can download and use it on the windows, Mac and some other operating systems. This software also allows you to edit the audio files so you can increase or decrease volume with the unlimited undo.
- It comes with the powerful Meta editing options.
- You can edit the audio tracks as well.
- Open source software so it can be used on several operating systems.
- No limitations on the features.
Part 4. TigoTago
TigoTago is a WAV tag editor running on windows 10 operating system to edit metadata of the audio files. This program is capable in downloading the metadata directly from the online sources and adds them to the audio files. This is able to preview all changes what you are applying to the audio. Besides editing tags, it also comes with a powerful converter that allows you to convert the audio and video formats from one format to another. The only issue is that it supports very less audio and video formats.
- It can tag the Meta from the cue sheet, names, simple text and file names from the tags.
- Allow you to convert the format of files as well.
- There is a log window available to monitor the actions.
- You can preview the changes live.
Part 5. ID3 Tag Editor
ID3 Tag Editor is a free WAV tag editor program which comes with editing WAV file feature. This is 100% free software for the windows computers and anyone can use it without spending anything. The program is fully compatible with the all versions of windows operating system computer including windows 10. This program is able to find metadata information only for the audio files.
- You can manually add id3 information or find them using the automated options.
- Allows you to remove metadata from the audio files with one click.
- It comes with full Unicode support.
- It is 100% free and cleans from the spyware and viruses.
We hope you have seen all the discussed tools carefully and now able to choose the best one for you. If you are still confused about choosing the right program, we would like to go for the Wondershare UniConverter software. The reason is that this program is not just simple a WAV tag editor running on windows 10 software but also offers you several other options. You can use it to edit video, download, record, transfer or burn the video and audio and it is fully compatible with all audio video formats.
How To Edit Wav File Tags
Batch Tag Editing Write ID3v1.1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, MP4, WMA, APEv2 Tags and Vorbis Comments to multiple files at once.
How To Edit Id3 Tags For Wav Files
Support for Cover Art Download and add album covers to your files and make your library even more shiny.
Import from Discogs, freedb, MusicBrainz Save typing and import tags from online databases like Discogs, freedb, MusicBrainz, and more.
Replace characters or words Replace strings in tags and filenames (with support for Regular Expressions).
Create Playlists automatically Create and manage playlists automatically while editing.
Rename files from tags Rename files based on the tag information and import tags from filenames.
Wav Tag Editor Windows 10
Export to HTML, RTF, CSV Generate nice reports and lists of your collection based on user-defined templates.
Full Unicode Support User-interface and tagging are fully Unicode compliant.
Besides these main features Mp3tag offers a variety of other functions and features ranging ranging from batch export of embedded album covers, over support for iTunes-specific tags like media type or TV Show settings, to combining multiple actions into groups that can be applied with a single mouse click.