The Kingdom of Wayrest is located in the center of the High Rock province, at the mouth of the Bjoulsae River, named after its capital city, Wayrest. It is bordered by Menevia to the west, Orsinium Area to the north, the Wrothgarian Mountains to the northeast, Gavaudon to the east, and Mournoth to the south, across the Bjoulsae River. Wayrest – Stormhaven; Their location will be marked on your map with the following icon: The Undaunted skill line The Undaunted Skill line. This skill line contains some of the most valuable abilities in the game. The passive abilities are super powerful and don’t require you to have an Undaunted ability slotted. They will basically make. This page was last modified on 13 March 2014, at 20:18. Content is available under Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike unless otherwise noted.
This section covers chapters one and two, both taking place in Wayrest.
Examining the body, the agent found claw marks on its back. This was not the work of any assassin. Had the monsters that infested Dreughside come into the city? The agent resolved to investigate.
Proceeds to Dreughside, outside of the city.
Surveying the shantytown, the agent heard a muffled cry from within a boarded-up home. But before they could investigate, Dreughside's fearsome residents fell upon them.
Battles the dreugh. Once the creatures are taken care of, the player investigates the source of the cries.
Thank you for rescuing me. I am Princess Barynia. Two noblemen kidnapped me to blackmail my father, the King. PRINCESS: One was killed by those monsters, but his partner dragged him into town to make it look like a murder. Bring that traitor to justice, and I'll reward you. I believe he's holding a gala tonight.
Proceeds to the nobleman's house and puts on the disguise given by the princess to get inside.
Arenthil Wethrin's House
Welcome to my gala! Let us raise a glass to the downfall of the King!
Fights the guests and Arenthil.
The princess sent you? Then my plans are undone. Kill me if you wish. But the king is weak. Our day will come, and soon.
Having followed that thread to its conclusion, the player decides to investigate Uther's other lead, and heads to the tavern.
Cloudy Dregs Inn
You ask too many questions. I think it's time we taught you what we do to nosy people.
Fights the patrons of the bar and wins.
All right, you win. There's a man who says 'Hail Sithis' when he's in his cups. He scared me more than you do but not anymore. He lives on the East side of town.
That sounds promising, and the player heads that way.
Kastus Thorn's House
As the hero searched the house, the assassin arrived home. The hero faced a choice: Confide in the assassin, or attempt to kill him, and complete his contract in his stead?
You wish to join our Brotherhood? Very well. Show me your skills.
Spars with Kastus, eventually beating him after a drawn-out match.
You fight well. Here. Take my contract. The target is Markam Hawksmire, the corrupt head of the Order of the Hour guard. He's likely at their barracks or the Temple of Akatosh.
Kills Kastus and searches his home for the contract.
Searching the dead assassin's home revealed a contract: The target was Markam Hawksmire, the notoriously corrupt head of the local order of the Hour guard. He was likely hiding at the order's barracks, or the Temple of Akatosh.
Forced to pick between the Temple and the Barracks, the player choses to check the Temple first.
Temple of Akatosh
A Grand Chanter
Brother Markam warned us that someone might come for him. Begone!
Battles it out with the local priests.
There was no sign of Markam. The agent would have to look elsewhere.
Order of the Hour Barracks
Knight of the Hour
An intruder! Guards, to arms!
Murders the defending guards.
Knight of the Hour
Markam knew someone was coming for him... he said he was leaving town on the next ship.
Heads to the Wayrest Docks, hoping they are not too late.
The assassin has found me! To arms men!
Defeats Markam before he can flee.
With Markam dead, the Dark Brotherhood soon approached the agent and welcomed them into the fold.
Over the coming weeks, the agent earned their trust.
Then the unexpected happened.
A fleet of corsairs attacked the city of Wayrest, even as the agent recieved a most fateful contract.
Brother, we have a most difficult contract. You are to assassinate the King of Wayrest himself; it seems some powerful nobles in the city want him dead The castle gates are barred against the corsair assault, but perhaps you can find another way in.
The guards have left the city gates open! Please, help us close them, before the corsairs overrun us!
Fights back waves of corsairs and closes the city gates.
Thank you, stranger. But my baby was trapped outside the city. Can you save her? She'll be wearing a pink bow.
The agent looked high and low for the woman's missing 'baby'... before realizing it was not at all what they had been expecting.
The 'baby' turns out to be a pig in need of protecting. The player rescues her and brings her back to her mother.
Baby! You saved her May the nine bless you stranger!
Looking for a way into the castle, the player decides to check with Princess Barynia.
You need to get into the castle? Why? No, don't tell me, I trust you. Here, this disguise should get you through the front gate.
In the end, the player decides to go a more sneaky route.
The agent found a likely path into the castle... if not a pleasant one.
After combating a bunch of sewer creatures, the player emerges into the Grand Hall of Castle Wayrest.
Castle Wayrest, Grand Hall
The agent was inside. But now stealth would be required to reach the throne room.
How To Get To Alik'r Desert From Wayrest
Carefully defeats the guards while avoiding detection.
Castle Wayrest, Throne Room
An assassin! I don't know how you made it in here, but you'll find I'm well prepared. I know all about the conspiracy against me. It's why I left the city gates open for the Corsairs. They will destroy the rest of my enemies... while my guards do the same to you!
Kills the king's guards and defeats the king.
Wait! We can work something out! By now the corsairs will have killed whoever hired you, Spare me, and I will sail with them at dawn, leaving the throne to my daughter. Please, I beg you!
The king's crimes were grave, and the agent was not feeling merciful. They swiftly ended the king's reign.
But the Corsairs had laid ruin to Wayrest. And while the Agent had carried out the contract...
... they had destroyed the Brotherhood Sanctuary, leaving no survivors.
The agent set out for Falkreath, having learned of another sanctuary there.
The king sailed from Wayrest, promising to someday grant the agent lands and titles for sparing him - promises that were never, to my knowledge, fulfilled.
But he and his Corsairs left a devastated city in their wake. And, as the agent soon learned...
...they had destroyed the Brotherhood Sanctuary, and killed all within.
But Uther had learned of another Brotherhood sanctuary in Falkreath, where a survivor of Wayrest would be welcomed with open arms.
Wayrest Sewers is Daggerfall Covenant’s second 4-man group dungeon. The group finder lists the dungeon as level 20-23, and it is located in the city of Wayrest in Stormhaven.
How To Get To Wayrest In Eso
Aldmeri Dominion and Ebonheart Pact players can explore the dungeon after they’ve completed their own level 20-23 dungeons, Elden Hollow or Darkshade Caverns.
This guide explains the boss fights & mechanics in Wayrest Sewers.
Wayrest Sewers Overview
The dungeon quest for Wayrest Sewers can be picked up as soon as you are teleported to the instance. Completing the dungeon quest will give a skill point.
What would a sewer be without rats and crocodiles? Not a lot, apparently. You’ll find both of them in Wayrest Sewers. The layout of the instance slightly reminds me of the Imperial Prison in Elder Scrolls: Oblivion.
Recommended Group setup
Wayrest Sewers is probably the easiest of the level 20-23 instances. Both Varaine and Allene Pellingare benefit from having a tank in the group, but I can see the instance completed without a dedicated tank. There’s a couple of crocodile trash mobs which deal more damage than any of the bosses in the instance – ironically that’s where you’ll need a tank the most. A healer will be useful.
- Slimecraw (optional miniboss)
- Investigator Garron
- Uulgarg the Hungry (miniboss)
- The Rat Whisperer (optional miniboss)
- Varaine Pellingare
- Allene Pellingare
Slimecraw is the first optional boss in Wayrest Sewers. He’s a giant crocodile! He can be annoying from a tank’s point of view, but really is nothing to worry about.
- Slimecraw has a frontal cone tailswipe. It deals high physical damage and does a pretty big knockback. You do have enough time to get out of the cone, but not too much.
Investigator Garron is the second boss in Wayrest Sewers, and has a couple of mechanics which make for an interesting boss fight.
- Garron likes to teleport around the room. Just keep track of him.
- The main mechanic in this fight is the green orb Garron summons. It will start chasing after random players, dealing damage to anyone caught in its radius. If the orb is chasing you, run away, but make sure you don’t drag the orb through your group members.
- Garron periodically summons two Restless Soul ghosts with 717 Health on the opposite sides of the room. The ghosts have ranged attacks, and they should be taken down asap.
- Garron also has a highly damaging ranged knockback which seems to prefer distant targets.
Uulgarg the Hungry
Eso Wayrest Map
Uulgarg the Hungry is the third boss in Wayrest Sewers. It’s easy to mock this fight up, even though the fight on its own isn’t very demanding. Uulgarg has a bunch of adds with him, including healers. Take them down first and then focus on Uulgarg himself.
- The most dangerous ability Uulgarg has is his AOE fear ability. He’ll sometimes fear everyone for a few seconds. Whilst the fear on its own doesn’t do any damage, what follows up might be lethal.
- Uulgarg has a nasty heavy melee attack, which deals a lot of damage unless blocked. He also likes to do it right after he has feared everyone. This could potentially kill the tank unless he has enough Stamina to break out of the fear and block the attack.
- Uulgarg sometimes stops and does a whirlwind attack around him, dealing physical damage. The damage isn’t high, but there’s no reason to get hit by it.
The Rat Whisperer
The Rat Whisperer is definitely my favorite boss in Wayrest Sewers. He’s an optional miniboss, and he dances!
- The Rat Whisperer periodically casts a magic AOE damage spell at the tank, indicated with a red circle.
- The boss shouts “Come to me my minions” as he summons a bunch of low Health skeevers to aid him.
- The Rat Whisperer sometimes casts a cold damage root spell on the tank.
Varaine Pellingare is the fifth boss in Wayrest Sewers. He has a couple of nasty abilities which are good to be aware of in advance.
- The tank needs to look out for Varaine’s heavy melee attack, and block it.
- Varaine Pellingare periodically casts a quickly expanding AOE spell around him. It deals a lot of damage and briefly stuns anyone caught in it.
- Varaine also does a frontal cone attack, seemingly to a random direction. He has a jump animation associated with the ability, but it’s still very tricky to avoid. Getting hit by the frontal cone attack will knock you down and deal medium physical damage.
Allene Pellingare is the sixth and final boss in Wayrest Sewers. Allene is your typical rogue boss: she dual wields weapons, vanishes and has a shadowstep ability.
- The tank needs to block Allene’s heavy melee attack.
- From time to time Allene does a Teleport Strike to random targets, which deals a lot of damage and briefly snares the target.
- Allene vanishes roughly every 25% of her Health to summon Fiendish Hallucinations. They are large bats with 562 Health. The number of bats summoned increases after each summon. Normally bats are immune to root effects, but for some reason these bats are not. A dragonknight with Dark Talons will completely destroy them.
- After the last group of bats has been summoned, Allene should be at around 25% Health. Allene takes on a ghost form and seems to deal a bit more damage in the last phase.
Veteran Mode section included soon!