- Metropolitan Equipment Sales
- Metropolitan Area Network Equipment Provider
- Metropolitan Area Network Equipment Inc
Topology of a Metropolitan area network. Typically, such a Metro Ethernet network will consist of: Access devices that are situated on the premises of a customer; Distribution network which may consist of a DSL or even optical fiber; Various transport technologies and; MPLS to connect different networks. Metropolitan Area Networks (MANs) A Metropolitan Area Network (MAN) is one of a number of types of networks (see also LAN and WAN). A MAN is a relatively new class of network, it serves a role similar to an ISP, but for corporate users with large LANs. The MAN, its communications links and equipment are generally owned by either a.
- Which of the following types of networks can be used to connect different office locations of one large company? A) Local Area Network (LAN) B) Wide Area Network (WAN) C) Metropolitan Area Network (MAN) D) Controlled Area Network (CAN).
- A metropolitan area network (MAN) is a network that interconnects users with computer resources in a geographic area or region larger than that covered by even a large local area network but smaller than the area covered by a wide area network (WAN). The term is applied to the interconnection of networks in a city into a single larger network.
Metropolitan Equipment Sales
Download article (PDF)