A profile is a set of emails and settings that Outlook app for Windows uses to remember where your email is stored. When Outlook is started for the first time a profile is automatically created. However, you can create a new profile. And here is how. Quit your Outlook app. Go to the Windows Control Panel. Apr 19, 2018 Outlook known issues in the June 2019 updates FIXED Outlook won’t open or is stuck at loading profile FIXED All emails are in plain text format for POP3 accounts. Outlook known issues in the May 2019 updates FIXED Outlook prompts for phone number for Outlook.com accounts FIXED The operation cannot be performed because the item has. Outlook is one of the oldest email applications in the market with over 500 million active users. And, despite its multi-functionality and sheer plethora of various features, it still has its flaws. One common issue that attracted a lot of attention is Outlook being suddenly stuck at the loading profile screen in Windows 10.
This article series will look at the 12 effective approaches to the annoying issue that Outlook gets stuck in the process of Loading Profile when it’s starting. In this part, we will discuss about 6 of them.
Many people have complaint a lot about the Outlook problem – it takes too much time to load profile when starting. Sometimes in worse situations, Outlook cannot get through this process of loading profile, thereby getting jammed permanently. On this issue, 12 valid measures will be introduced in this article series. This part will offer 6 of them.
1. Create a New Outlook Profile
Now that Outlook is stuck at loading profile, there are great chances that this trouble is triggered by a corrupted Outlook profile. Therefore, in the first place you should create a new Outlook file to have a try.
- Go to Control Panel and change the view to “small icon”.
- Then find and click on “Mail” applet.
- In the new dialog box, click “Show Profiles” button.
- Next another dialog will pop up, in which you should hit “Add” button and assign a name for this new profile.
- Click “OK”. You will be brought to the “Add New Account” window. You can select to configure the account by yourself or by Outlook.
- Finally after using the new profile, try to restart Outlook and check if the problem is solved. If not, turn to the next way.
2. Cut off Your Computer’s Network Connection
Virtually failure in loading profile may be involved with the networking matters. Thus you can try to cut off your computer’s network connection, such as Wi-Fi or other connections. Then reopen Outlook. If it can load in a good manner, the problem must be due to TCP related stuff alike. You should proceed to deal with network issues. But if no effects, get on for the next method please.
3. Repair Office Installation
In addition, incorrect installation of Outlook should be concerned as well. You can repair its installation in “Control Panel”.
- Go to “Control Panel” > “Programs” > “Programs and Features”.
- Then locate and select the MS Office program. Click “Change” button.
- In the next window, choose “Repair” and click “Continue”.
- Finally after repairing the installation of Office, restart Outlook. If Outlook is still stuck at loading profile, you should continue with the next approach.
4. Check If Errors Occur to System Disk
Provided that there are bad sectors in the disk where Outlook is installed, you will also encounter this error. Hence you need to check the disk via built-in utility – CHKDSK.
- Type “cmd” in the search field of “Start Menu”.
- Right click the program and select “Run as administrator”.
- Then in the “Command Prompt”, type “chkdsk <diskname>: /f” and press “Enter” to start check and fix errors.
- Finally after checking and fixing, restart your computer and Outlook. If you still face the same issue, turn to the following means.
5. Apply Scanpst.exe to Repair the Current Outlook File
In most cases, this matter may stem from the corruption of Outlook file. You can use Outlook Inbox Repair Tool to scan the file for errors. After launching this tool, select the file by “Browse” and click “Start” > “Repair” to check and fix errors.
6. Fall Back on a Third Party Repair Tool
If Scanpst.exe fails and the problem persists, you could also resort to other repair tools like DataNumen Outlook Repair, which is adept at checking out and solving Outlook errors. Furthermore, it can recover your Outlook data without any fuss.
The other 6 resolutions will be probed in depth in Part II of this article series. If the methods above haven’t helped you, please turn to the next part.
Shirley Zhang is a data recovery expert in DataNumen, Inc., which is the world leader in data recovery technologies, including sql recovery and outlook repair software products. For more information visit www.datanumen.com
Topics Map > Microsoft 365 > Email
This document explains how to repair a profile in Microsoft Outlook. This will work for Outlook 2010, 2013, and 2016 in Windows 7, 8.1 or 10. Outlook Repairs are mainly done to fix corrupted/damaged files. Repairs fix most problems that can't be solved through traditional troubleshooting. Advise the user that this process may take 10-15 minutes, or longer if their .pst file is large (several GBs).
Repairing Profile from Outlook Desktop Application
1. Click File.
2. Select Account Settings, and then select Account Settings again in the drop down menu.
3. In the Email tab, select the account you wish to repair and click Repair.
4. Select Next.
5. Outlook will complete the setup for your account. You will receive a prompt to restart Outlook for the changes to take effect. Select Okay.
6. When it is finished, select Finish and restart Outlook.
Outlook 2019 Stuck On Loading Profile Yahoo
Note: If user's have a large mailbox, then this process may take a while.
Repairing Outlook Profile from Control Panel
Outlook 2019 Stuck On Loading Profile
- Close out of all Office 365 Applications such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Skype, etc.
- Open up Control Panel by going to the search bar and typing 'Control Panel'
- Change view settings to 'Category' and under 'Programs' click on 'Uninstall a Program'
- Select 'Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus' and click on 'Change'.
- In most cases, a quick repair will fix the issue. Make sure it is selected and click on the Repair button.
- Again, make sure all Office 365 Applications are closed and that you work is saved. Click Repair.
- A pop up will let you know when the tool is done running.
- Your Outlook Application can now be opened and the problem will now be fixed.
Note: If the problem still persists after the repair, uninstalling and reinstalling Office 365 may clear up the issue.